Once your parents along with your grandparents age it is apt to consider the potential dangers they may encounter in their homes. It could be an accidental fall or a life-threatening health event. A few of the families have had an honest discussion with the senior pros and considered CCTV for elderly security. A professional company provides home repair services including security camera installations. Some seniors may not like the intrusion of a security camera but for multiple families, it is a beneficial move.
Would monitoring be beneficial in the long run?
When an elderly person suffers at home or has a catastrophic fall or accident when you are at home alone, alarms are sure to go out. In this situation, you might consider using CCTV for elderly to protect senior citizens at home. The family can feel completely at ease knowing that carers or worried family members can keep an eye on one or more cameras.
An example is if your loved one suffers any serious accident, you can monitor them and get them to the hospital much faster. In the event of serious medical conditions, it could save the life of someone. If your loved one suffers from any fall the camera will be able to capture them as the family will be able to provide assistance immediately.
Even CCTV installation services for seniors may be useful when someone is suffering from dementia. The concerned family members can check on their loved ones often and ensure that there is no problem.
The cctv installation services features and benefits
Below are some of the benefits of installing CCTV surveillance cameras in senior home care follows
- Cost reduction- Advanced surveillance cameras can be implemented via smart care solutions. It allows the elderly to age in place without paying additional fees for home nursing services.
- It is more than monitoring- when it is implemented via a cloud-based and scalable platform the cameras work in synergy with other smart solutions. It detects and prevent falls before they occur. Hence it creates a safer and a secure environment for the elderly.
- Customizable solutions- when it is integrated with an intelligent software platform the smart camera can adapt any function to meet the individual needs of the users.
The utility of smart cameras for the elderly
The main objective of smart cameras is to solve the safety needs of the elderly. It may monitor emergencies such as the elderly leaving the bed and provide round-the-clock monitoring in round-the-clock elderly care.
- Improved safety- smart voice assistants like Alexa or Google assistant can assist medical systems to assess important information like “ I need help or even the word “ Help” if you cannot speak a single word.
- Enhances communication- for senior’s communication integral aspect of being connected. Numerous smart devices are available that allow the seniors to remain connected and communicate in a hands-free manner. An example is Google Assistant provides quick answers to questions or you are able to make quick calls without picking a phone.
- Easy life- connecting with smart home devices can facilitate simple operations with the elderly who forget basic tasks. It can be turning off the lights in the middle of the night or even forgetting to take medicines.
Cameras placement in a proper way
The moment your loved one gives the green signal to install home security cameras, next you need to think about camera placement. You may seek out professionals providing CCTV for elderly security services. Their expertise would come in handy when it comes to placing and installing the cameras properly.
For seniors, the key is placing the camera at strategic spots which could cause a problem. A common problem that elderly people tend to face in their daily lives is the staircase. This is the place where a majority of the falls occur.
It is also important to have a camera that overlooks the kitchen of your loved one in case the burner is left open or a fire starts. Make sure that you place the cameras across the exterior entrances and exits in the home. It could be the front and the back door in monitoring any potential wandering.
The types of cameras in use
Various types of CCTV for elderly security cameras are available for seniors. A popular type of camera being used for home security is a fixed camera that turns on when sound or motion is detected. A few of the cameras are equipped with night vision too.
There is another type of camera that offers more features is a pan, tilt and zoom camera. When monitoring this camera, you can operate it remotely which is done with your phone. Even you may move the eye of the camera around at specific points in your loved one’s room.
Do you think seniors are adverse to the use of cameras
Though some seniors may be averse to the addition of security cameras to their space, it is better that you keep them safe and comfortable in their own homes. Relatives would want to discuss the potential home repairs and suggestions with their loved ones to make their task easier and safer.
Safety is one of the most important considerations when it comes to seniors. CCTV installation services for the elderly by a professional company is a viable move. Not only it helps in adding new features to your home, but it also provides complete peace of mind when it comes to seniors.